Friday, April 6, 2012

What I've been up to...

Just a quick post. I'm about to be off for the holiday weekend. Sam and I are traveling down to Washington, DC for a three day weekend. Before I go, I thought I'd check in and write a quick post (you know, to assure you all that I'm still alive!)

I've been busy working on a quite a few projects recently. One of which I was inspired to make to help take better pictures...

Yep, I made myself a lightbox. It took me all of about ten minutes and cost me three dollars. I bought some posterboard for the back drops in three different colors. So far, the white works the best, but with the right project black or blue might work.

I've also been working on some teddy bears that I'm super proud of. The pattern is loosely based on Otto by Ysolda Teague. I changed quite a few things though. The body is more like the elephant, the legs and arms are slightly different, but the ears I totally changed.

I wanted ears like a real teddy bears so I made them up as I went. My first attempt was just not right at all... but the second was perfect (at least I thought they were perfect!) I'm so proud of those ears. I get such a charge from creating something right out of my imagination! I was so excited that I couldn't wait to make something else up! We'll see what I come up with next.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you're traveling, have a safe trip!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that light box looks great! I'm definitely going to make my own one of these days. The bear is super cute too. You make the cutest little stuffed animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! The teddy looks fantastic! I have two teddies I'm working on right now. I used this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/heirloom-teddy - without the embroidery. I have all the knitting done, but haven't stuffed them yet. :-D Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool you have a lightbox! Enjoy!
    Teddy looks cute :) Have a good trip X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your teddy he looks all squishy. Have a good break

    ReplyDelete