Thursday, January 12, 2012

And the spinning continues...

As promised, here's my latest spinning project. This alpaca/merino blend is to die for. I plan on a bulky weight yarn so that I can make the Owls sweater (ravelry link.) I've made this sweater before out of Cascade EcoWool and I absolutely loved how it fit.

I bought this fiber in Rhinebeck years ago. I can't remember which year since I've been going for the past 6 years or so. I bought two pounds of it, which might be overkill, but I think I planned on making a sweater out of it right from the start!

 If any of you have been following the Yarn Harlot, you'll know she's recently been talking about startitis. For whatever reason, I can absolutely relate. Perhaps it's the feeling of freedom now that the holiday knitting is complete, but I've started about 10 different things, not all of them knitting.

This past year, I taught myself how to make coasters. It's something that I've wanted to try for a long time since there was a decided lack of coasters in my life. Now that I'm 30, there's a certain desire to have nice things and keep the things I have nice. Somehow, a folded up piece of paper just wasn't cutting it in furniture protection area.

I gathered all the supplies and through trial and error, I came up with a product I'm really excited about. I made so may sets of coasters that nearly everyone on my Christmas list got one this year. They were such a hit that I decided I might try to sell some of them. I plan on an etsy shop sometime in the Fall of this year. I wish it could be sooner, but there's one step in the process that requires a well-ventilated area where the temperature is between 70-90 degrees. If you've ever been to Central New York, you know there isn't such a space in January.

There's still plenty to be done with them though. As you can see, I'm busy getting the designs put on.

No comments:

Post a Comment